Saturday, July 21, 2012

40th Annual BMW MOA Rally

I arrived last Saturday and spent the week either as a student or a RiderCoach every day on the range. The first 3 days I was in an MSF Bike Bonding RiderCoach Certification Class and the rest of the week was spent teaching that class as well as the experienced rider course, now known as the basic rider course 2.

If you get a chance to take the Basic Bike Bonding or the Ultimate Bike Bonding course I highly recommend it. Both courses really help riders to improve their overall abilities to control their bikes.

Besides the RiderCoach work I enjoyed lots of great food. We had Geuber Burgers (hamburger with peanut butter, yum!!!), Bar-B-Q and Mexican food. I really didn’t have a bad meal the whole time.

The folks in Sedalia, Mo. were friendly and happy to have us there. I believe attendance was down this year due to the heat. That worked to my favor as I was able to extend my stay at the Econolodge which was cheaper than the Hotel Bothwell where we had originally made reservations last year.

I didn’t win anything this year. There were 13 bikes up for grabs which I a ticket for. I came very close on the BMW R1200R.  The winning number was 2567, I had 2570. Oh well maybe next year.

No comments: