Friday, July 12, 2013

Iron Butt Rally 2013 – Finish achieved!

I’ve just ridden 10,700 miles in 11 days. It’s going to take a little time to gather the words and organize my thoughts to share the adventure I’ve been on in those 264 hours. For some hours I rested but for most the wheels in my mind and on the motorcycle were turning. Indeed I have lots of experiences to share.

As it’s public knowledge I’ll go ahead give away the ending, I finished the rally in 19th position from a field of 96 who began. 29 of the entrants who started the adventure with me on July 1 didn’t achieve finisher status at the end. That is unfortunate but there’s a reason there are still fewer Iron Butt Rally finishers than people who can claim they’ve reached the summit of Mt. Everest. This ride isn’t a simple ride to eat or certificate ride. It’s a challenge of the mind, body, spirit and machine.

As most who read this blog would agree, I’m a bit long winded in my tales of the ride. And this tale will be no different. I intend to release the story of my epic adventure in the 2013 IBR as an e-book so that it can read with the benefit of bookmarks and the such. And I do not intend to charge anything for the e-book provided I can get it disturbed. So your patience is appreciated and I promise to bring my readers along with me in the tale of the journey that took me to all three coast lines of the United States of America.

As a preview, here’s my spotwalla link for the 11 days.

You can get more details of the rally at IronButtRally.com.

No comments: