Friday, July 12, 2013

Iron Butt Rally 2013 – Finish achieved!

UPDATE 9/24/13: The book is published! For now it’s available for reading on the Kindle platform. The book is named, “Ready, Set, Rally!
I’ve just ridden 10,700 miles in 11 days. It’s going to take a little time to gather the words and organize my thoughts to share the adventure I’ve been on in those 264 hours. For some hours I rested but for most the wheels in my mind and on the motorcycle were turning. Indeed I have lots of experiences to share.
As it’s public knowledge I’ll go ahead give away the ending, I finished the rally in 19th position from a field of 96 who began. 29 of the entrants who started the adventure with me on July 1 didn’t achieve finisher status at the end. That is unfortunate but there’s a reason there are still fewer Iron Butt Rally finishers than people who can claim they’ve reached the summit of Mt. Everest. This ride isn’t a simple ride to eat or certificate ride. It’s a challenge of the mind, body, spirit and machine.
As most who read this blog would agree, I’m a bit long winded in my tales of the ride. And this tale will be no different. I intend to release the story of my epic adventure in the 2013 IBR as an e-book so that it can read with the benefit of bookmarks and the such. So your patience is appreciated and I promise to bring my readers along with me in the tale of the journey that took me to all three coast lines of the United States of America.
As a preview, here’s my spotwalla link for the 11 days.

You can get more details of the rally at IronButtRally.com.

No comments: