Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dropped off the GS for warranty repair

Last week I decided I'd go ahead and bite the bullet. For the past 13,000 miles or so I've noticed a small oil leak between the engine and transmission. From reading posts on advrider.com it looked as though it was a rear main seal going out. Since this month is kind of slow on the riding calendar I thought I'd take it in.

So today I dropped it off at Wild West in Katy and Dan said I should have it back by next weekend. He also said he couldn't even look at it until this weekend but wanted me to leave it with him none the less. I'm not complaining, since buying the bike in June '07 I've put over 16,500 miles on it. Assuming I get it back this month I'll definitely be over 22,000 for the first year of ownership. And that's assuming I don't knock out any iron butt rides before June.

Hmmm, I think it's time to get Reagan's Savage tuned up and running....

No comments: